About Me

I am currently a juniorat the University of South Alabama, though the school year is almost over. I am majoring in Secondary Education and English. I will be a great high school English teacher and I know that I would enjoy it.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What We Have Learned in EDM 310

One of the first things that we learned in our Microcomputing Systems was blogging. Every week we were to post a response about some assigned work for our individual class blogs. Slowing our blogging responsibilities built. We had to look at a couple of fellow classmates posts and respond to them. Next we started blogging to students from various school across the globe. Our latest blog assignment was called Comments 4 Teachers. As the title infers, we looked at different teachers posts for a couple weeks each and posted a response on our blogs.
Computer on Fire
On thing that I learned and have used over and over again in my other classes is Google Docs. I can make a presentation on Google and share it with any of my friends who have Google. We can work on the same presentation at the same time together. We do not have to worry about sending the presentation around in the mail or, one problem I have had, worry about whether the computer you use for your presentation has the right system to support it.

For some of the other many assignments that we have had to make, we have used electronic recorders. Audacity and Skype are a two. We have Skyped with teachers in other countries to learn about their views of technology and its uses. We have used Audacity to make podcasts about technology. All in all, it's been a busy semester in the classroom of EDM 310.

No comments:

Post a Comment